Hold Harmless Agreement:
Before you can use the Sussex Shooting Sports facilities
you must first turn in a signed Hold Harmless Agreement.
General Safety Rules
These rules and procedures are for the safety and comfort of Sussex Shooting Sports members, guests, the surrounding communities and the environment, and to preserve Sussex Shooting Sports as a facility for the safe use of firearms. Any violation of the rules or procedures may result in the revoking, denial or expulsion any individual at any time verbally or in writing without refund from Sussex Shooting Sports properties.
As in golf, the rules of sporting clays become more specific, and therefore more restrictive as the level of competition increases. There are a few basic rules, however, that define the sport:
- ALWAYS treat the gun as loaded and point it in a safe direction.
- Eye and ear protection is REQUIREDfor all shooting.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
- While on Sussex Shooting Sports property, all gun actions are to be kept open , unloaded , safed, until ready for use.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- For anyone under the age of 18: they must be accompanied by an adult at ALL times.
- Shooting at wildlife is strictly prohibited.
- All posted signs must be obeyed.
- Firearms may never sweep or be pointed at anyone at any time, regardless of the loaded or unloaded condition of the firearm.
- Any time someone is down range, all weapons shall be safed, unloaded, their actions open, grounded, benched, or placed in the weapons rack. There is to be no weapons handling during this time period.
- Fully automatic firearms are not allowed on Sussex Shooting Sports property.
Sporting Clay Safety
- General Safety Rules above apply.
- No airborne targets may be used except for regulation clay targets on the sporting clays, wobble trap ,and 5-Stand, shotgun ranges, or without prior approval from the Sussex Shooting Sports management.
- Live or misfired ammo must be removed from the range, and NOT be placed in any disposal container on the property. Do not leave used targets, brass, cleaning patches, etc. on the range. CLEAN UP THE RANGE BEFORE LEAVING.
- Shotgun shall be loaded when the shooter enters the station and the muzzle is pointed downrange.
- The shotgun shall be unloaded prior to exiting the shooting station.
- The shooter may start with a low gun or a pre-mounted gun when calling for the target.
- Only two shells may be loaded.
- Shotguns must be fired while the butt of the stock is against the shoulder.
- If doubles are tossed and both are broken with one shot, both are counted as "dead birds".
- The National Sporting Clays Association (NSCA) allows three malfunctions per day without penalty.
- The NSCA permits chokes to be changed between stations.
Sussex Shooting Sports management has the right to revoke or deny or expel any individual at any time verbally or in writing without refund.
Go To Top